Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm a Bad Blogger :-(




Guess I'm pretty bad at blogging, completely forget I have one until someone mentions it!! My life is pretty laid back and boring so don't really have much to write about. Right now I'm anxiously awaiting the birth of my granddaughter. I made the bouquet in the picture for her baby shower on the 23rd of January. It's made of silk flowers and rolled up baby items, look close and you can see onesies, a bib, 2 pair of pants, socks, etc mixed in with the flowers. I was very pleased with how it turned out but it was a pain figuring out how to do it with just a picture to go by. The next picture is my puppy Joey out playing in the snow in our front yard. When he goes out, it's very hard to get him back in and I'm sure that will only get worse with the warmer weather. I'm so excited to finally see winter coming to an end, this week the temp is supposed to be above freezing every day, finally an end to all the ice. Now I can get my garden seeds started in anticipation of spring planting. The last picture is my beautiful oldest granddaughter, Kerri, she turned 12 in December and is growing up way too fast, almost as tall as grandma now and she wears the same size shoes so likes to "borrow" mine.
Corey continues to thrive in the Air Force, he's finally getting the field training he should have gotten shortly after arriving at Minot 2 years ago. They had a very in-depth, 3 week long inspection at the beginning of January which they passed with flying colors. Corey was picked out along with 2 other Airmen to be commended for their knowledge of their job and professional behavior during the inspection. I've always known he was outstanding and it's great that the Air Force also recognizes it. He has also been recommended for the SOAR program, the Air Force enlisted to Officer program and now must decide if he wants to accept.
It's going to be an exciting week! My daughter is going to be induced if Randi Lea doesn't come before Thursday. Not only will I finally be able to hold my newest granddaughter but the 2 older ones will be spending the weekend here with Grandpa and I! Saturday is my Dad's birthday and I know he will be thrilled to have his newest great-granddaughter born so close to his birthday.
I will definitely get pictures posted on here when she arrives!

2 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Boy, do you know how to make us wait between blog entries!!

Jeesh!! Goof thing I wasnt holding my breath!

Hallie

Debbie said...

Gosh, only about 3 months LOL!

I love the baby bouquet! It's adorable and oh I envy you with the grandbabies and grandkids :-)

That's wonderful. You have a good life girl! And you get to help out your Amish neighbors and that must be so fulfilling!