Sunday, April 6, 2008

It's Really Spring



Finally it feels like Spring, my favorite season of all because the beauty of God's creation is all around us. The trees are ready to leaf out, the flowers are breaking through the cold soil, and seeing the adorable baby animals is so exciting. For a little while all the beauty and rebirth can distract us from the sadness happening in the world.
Got a call from my youngest daughter yesterday letting us know that Alex will have a brother or sister in December, 2 grandkids in one year! How is that for awesome?!? Makes me kind of sad that he or she will be born so far away so I will have to be content with pictures instead of cuddles, there really needs to be a law that grandchildren can't be more than 50 miles away from grandparents. I also got a phone call from my little brother, he never calls though I hear from him almost daily by e-mail. He just wanted to verify addresses for the kids because he was addressing graduation announcements for my niece who will graduate in June from High School. I haven't seen them in 8 years so am hoping we will be able to go down to Slidell for the graduation festivities. It would be great if Corey can arrange for leave so he can go with us, he and Catherine were the ring bearer and flower girl for my youngest sister's wedding, such an adorable couple.
Next week Michelle will find out when she will be going back to work. She works at the Country Club so it will depend on how soon they can get the greens dried out and groomed. I'm so excited about being able to take care of Randi while she works, I plan on doing a great job of spoiling her. I've been spending way too much time all alone (except for the dogs and cats) in the last year since losing my job at the Assisted Living, so I welcome having this precious little bundle to fill my days.
Better get going, we are supposed to get rain this afternoon and I want to go for a walk in the woods before it comes. I want to try to locate the coyote den we have on our land to see if they have pups. I realize they are unwanted predators in our area but the animal lover in me just can't let those who want to kill them know where they are if they have little ones.
Until later, take care

4 comments:

Debbie said...

You snuck up on me and posted again! First, I agree with the 50 mile rule about grandkids! Yours are so adorable and you are so fortunate to have them!

Spring...I also have been in the house alone too long and I'm enjoying getting out and seeing nature wake up! Even tho David is still here, we only see each other a couple times a day to catch up :)

After/if he leaves for BMT and I'm able to hopefully function, I have to go back to work P/T. I should do F/T but am so done with all work and no play. I'd rather live on less and have time to enjoy.

David brought home some bread from work and said "It's Amish" and guess who popped into my head? Yes, you my dear giving friend :)

Michelle said...

I miss a week of checking on blogs and you write! Congrats on the granbabies. I am so afraid that when Shay does settle down and get married that she will live far away and I won't see my grandbabies. We think that they will just have to live with us. The grandbabies, I mean.

Lea said...

Just blog-popping!

Yay for spring. If you do catch sight of those coyote pups will you shoot 'em with your camera? Please.

I have to laugh... the very first animal my daughter imitated as a wee one wasn't a doggie or kitty or moo-cow... It was a coyote!! We lived in the desert. What can I say?! :)

Lea said...

AHEM....

Posting time?! It's been almost a month.

Just a friendly nudge-nudge, wink-wink!!